Here we are talking about the fungal infections that could affect your skin. Fungi are their own kingdom – neither plants nor animal. Fungal infections rarely cause serious health conditions. It causes unhealthy skin with itching.
Some skin infections effected by fungus hardly get cured ever after many courses of antifungal drugs. That is why we are here to talk about some natural home remedies which will help you to get rid of it.
Types of skin fungal infections
· Tinea Corporis (Ringworm): As the name indicates it is round or oval in shape with redness and patchy appearance . Commonly seen in exposed areas.
· Tinea Pedis (Athlete's Foot): This is the fungal infection which affect your feet. It can spread to your hands too.
· Tinea Capitis: When the fungus affects your scalp it is called as tenea capitis. It will be itchy scaly eruptions. It can cause brittle hair and hair fall.
· Tinea Versicolor: It is caused by the fungus altering your skin color with patches. It rarely cause trouble to you.
· Onychomycosis: this is the fungal infections that affects your nails making it brittle, thick and a ragged look.
· Tinea Cruris that affects the folds of the skin and groin.
Common symptoms of skin fungal infections
The symptoms will be deferent to deferent types of fungal infections .
Common symptoms are: -
· Scaly skin
· Redness or discoloration
· Roughness on affected area
· Loss of hair in affected area
Home remedies to cure fungal skin infections
Keep the area clean and dry:
This is the first thing to be done. Moist and mild heat makes the fungi happy. So clean the folds of skin and keep it dry.
1) Apple cider vinegar:
ACV is a wonderful remedy for weight loss and many bacterial diseases. It is one of the most effective home remedy for your skin fungal infection.
You can apply apple cider vinegar on effected are soaked in a cotton swab.
Mix apple cider vinegar with same portion of water and dip the affected area.
Drinking apple cider vinegar will boost your immunity enough to fight your infections.
Garlic has anti bacterial as well as anti fungal properties. Apply smashed garlic gloves covered with cotton gauze on effected area.
Make a habit of adding garlic in your diet that can help to fight infections.
3) Tea tree oil:
One study found that tea tree oil worked as well as 5% benzoyl peroxide in controlling the symptoms of acne. It appears to be effective with toenail fungus and possibly athlete's foot. Studies of tea tree oil for other conditions such as gum disease, vaginal infections, and dandruff have been inconclusive.
Take a cotton swab; apply tea tree oil on effected area. Repeat this till you see a change in the infection.
4) Coconut oil:
Coconut has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. It is a natural moisturizer. You can simply apply the coconut oil on affected area. Massage thoroughly with coconut oil. There are many nutrients in the coconut oil for your skin.
Yes! A probiotic food, of cause can do this job. You can make a habit of using yogurt in your diet regularly. Studies has shown that applying plain yogurt externally can cure vajinal yeast infections.