Cold are very common but it makes our days irritating. Colds are caused by viruses.
Symptoms of cold like sneezing, chillness, sour throat and runny nose makes our life miserable.
Any viral or bacterial disease may start like a cold. You have to make sure that you are suffering just a common cold. If symptoms do not subside within 3 to 4 days, you need to consult a doctor immediately
I am giving some most effective remedies or ways to treat your common cold naturally.
· Gargle with warm salt water 4 times a day. Or use a thick, viscous gargle made with honey, popular in folk medicine. Steep one tablespoon of raspberry leaves or lemon juice in two cups of hot water; mix with one teaspoon of honey. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before gargling.
· Drink plenty of fluids. Drink fruit juices and plain water to keep throat moist that can help you to avoid throat irritation. You can use herbal teas like green tea and ginger tea frequently.
· Take a steamy shower. A hot bath will help you to relax and ease your nasal passages.
· Steam inhalation: Inhale team to ease your congested and runny nose. You can do it by holding your head over a pot with boiling water. Breathe slowly with your nose. Be cautious about burning your nose.
· Stay rested: Your body needs rest. Your body id trying to tell you that I am tired, give me a rest. When you take rest, your energy can concentrate on immunity.
· Blow your nose often. It is better to blow your nose often than sniffling the mucus in side to your sinuses. Try to blow one nostril closing other one with a finger. Be careful when you blow as it may exert a pressure on your ear which will cause ear ache.
· Use honey as a home remedy. Honey is an easily available home remedy for your cold. Make your own cough syrup by mixing together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Pour the mixture into a jar or bottle and seal tightly. Shake well before using. Take 1 tablespoon every four hours. You can take honey straight up also.
· Jaggery solution: Boil water with black pepper, add cumin and jaggery to it. It will give you relief from chest congestion.
· Rinse to irrigate your nose: let me give you a recipe for that. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in 8 ounces of warm water. Fill a bulb syringe with this mixture (or use a Neti pot, available at most health foods stores). Lean your head over a basin, and using the bulb syringe, gently squirt the salt water into your nose. Hold one nostril closed by applying light finger pressure while squirting the salt mixture into the other nostril. Let it drain. Repeat two to three times, and then treat the other nostril (from WebMD).
· Avoid dairy products when you have a cold. They increase mucus production in some people
· Do not use antibiotics for cold: Antibiotics can fight only bacteria. Colds are caused b viruses. Unnecessary use of antibiotic is not good for your health. Use antibiotics wisely.
Do not for get to share this article with your friends. Stay healthy | keep smiling