Heart diseases include a variety of conditions that affect the heart. They may include vessel diseases and heart defects. Cardiovascular disease involves blocked or narrowed blood vessels. This clogging is caused by uneasy flow of blood as a result of arteries contracting.
What is frightening is that heart diseases, according to research are the leading cause of death in America. Through lifestyle changes you can reduce the chances of getting heart diseases.
Tips on How to Lower Your Risk of Heart Diseases
• Taking plenty of fish- Fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that facilitate the steady rhythm of the heart. Surprisingly one serving of fish could lower your risk of heart disease by 52%
• Taking juice in the morning- Grape juice is rich in flavonoids and resveratrol that inhibits clumping of red blood cells. Orange juice has folic acid which lowers homocysteine, an amino acid that is associated with increased risk of heart attack.
• Drinking green tea- It is known to contain antioxidants hence can reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
• Do not buy foods with saturated fats- Try to buy foods that have monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Bad fats may be found in processed foods, cookies and baked foods.
• Get plenty of sleep- An extra hour of sleep reduces the risk of heart disease by 33%. Sleep deprive causes the body to release stress hormones that cause the arteries to contract thus causing inflammation.
• Taking foods rich in fiber- Fiber contained in foods like whole grains and cereals reduce the likelihood of getting heart disease.
• Take plenty of vegetables- Consumption of vegetables such as broccoli; cabbage and kale, according to research reduce the risk of heart diseases.
• Taking nuts- According to research taking five ounces of nuts reduce the risk of heart diseases by one-third.
• Get a good Walking- This could reduce the risk of heart diseases by one third.
• Add flaxseed to your diet- Flaxseed contains heart healthy omega-3 fats. Flaxseed reduces clumping of red blood cells and this further reduces the risk of heart disease by 46%.
• Stretching- This helps the arteries to be pliable facilitating blood flow.
• Taking wine- According to research wine reduces the risk of heart diseases.
• Cooking with garlic- Garlic reduces clumping of red blood cells, reduces arterial damage and prevents cholesterol from forming along the arteries, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases.
• Keep in touch with loved ones- This reduces anxiety and depression hence reducing the risk of heart attack.
• Taking dark chocolate- It contains antioxidants that enhance elasticity of blood vessels.
• Avoid secondhand smoke- Surprisingly passive smoking affects the cardiovascular system on an eighty to ninety per cent rate.
• Taking bananas- It contains high levels of potassium which facilitates excretion of sodium thus lowering blood pressure.
• Cut back on sugar- Fructose reduces the production of nitric oxide which is responsible for relaxation of blood vessels.
Mathew Williams is a Passionate blogger. He works on behalf of ehic. He has been writing contents on the web professionally since 2006.
As an avid reader and blogger, he shares his experience through his articles on Travel, Education, Technology, Parenting and many more.