People have between 100,000 and 150,000 hairs on their head. Amazing thing is that, every day we lose about 50-100 strands of hair and it get replaced. It is when this exceeds you notice thinning of hair or baldness called Alopecia. Hair fall occurs as a result of hormonal changes, stress, unhealthy diet, air-water pollution, some drugs, delivery etc.
Let me give you some very easy tips to prevent your hair fall and to make your hair thicker.
Easy home tips for Hair fall
1 1. Onion, Garlic massage
Both onion and garlic contain sulphur in it as the main ingredient which helps in the production of collagen which in turn helps in hair growth.
Apply onion juice on the scalp and massage for a few second and wash with a mild shampoo. Do this for 2-3 times a week.
Crush 2-3 garlic clove and add little coconut oil boil this mix. Apply while the mix is still warm massage for few seconds. Rinse with a mild shampoo. Do this for 2-3 times a week.
2. Oil massage
Massage your scalp with coconut, olive or canola oil.
Heat a spoon and add oil in it after removing from the stove. Apply warm oil on your scalp and give round massage. This will stimulate blood circulation and open the pores which help the oil to penetrate deep in the hair root, hence strengthen hair. Repeat it twice or thrice a week.
3. Give a normal massage everyday to stimulate blood supply to the scalp.
#EAT RIGHT FOOD
1. Include omega 3 in your food
Omega 3 fatty acid is essential for hair growth. It helps to strengthen hair follicle and also give elasticity for your hair which prevents breakage.
Include Flaxseeds, Walnuts, Salmon, Sardines, and Soybeans in your diet. These contain enormous amount of omega 3 in them.
2. Include zinc rich food in your diet
Deficiency of zinc is one of the major causes of hair loss.
Sea foods like oysters and crabs, Lean Beef, Wheat Germ, Spinach, Pumpkin, squash and sunflower seeds, Nuts, Pork and chicken
3. A protein rich diet not only prevents hair fall it lowers greying of hair too.
4. Iron deficiency can also lead to hair hall. The demand of oxygen supply is not met in iron deficiency which in turn destrengthen the hair root hence, cause hair fall.
#MANAGE YOUR STRESS
In this busy life stress is the main villain for hair loss. Practice meditation, yoga, breathing exercise to acquire stress relief.
Meditation yoga and breathing exercise all focus to bring your unbalanced body to a balance. It also helps in circulating good oxygen to all parts and also helps in hormonal balance.
30 minutes exercise not only helps in getting your body to good shape but also helps in good hair growth. This keeps your body and mind stress free and gives you a healthy mind and body.
Even after practicing such healthy diet n yoga exercise if still you experience hair fall then it’s due to your own negligence.
· Do not over heat your hair: heat tends to break the protein built of the hair hence causing hair breakage
· Avoid using tight low quality rubber bands, elastics etc. on your hair. Tightly done hair styles can lead to their breakage and eventual hair loss. Medical condition which leads to hair loss due to too tight hairstyle is called ‘traction’. Better avoid such hairstyles.
· Avoid brushing wet hair. Use wide tooted combs and brushes with soft bristles.
Author: Dr. Archana.R.Naik,BHMS